Former Navy SEAL, NSA and bestselling author Clint Emerson explain the keys to surviving an active shooter situation in this “Active Shooter Survival” session during the upcoming Prepper World Summit 2, May 16th - 25th.
Here are some of the key tactics of maximizing your chances in an active shooter scenario.
- Don’t panic
- In a situation like this, frequently people panic and freeze, which is one of the worst things you can do. Also there have been stories of people panicking and running straight into the line of fire towards the shooter.
- Take cover - take cover behind solid objects that have a better chance of stopping bullets. Drywall and doors aren’t really cover, they are concealment
- Get low on your hands and knees
- Don’t “hit the deck” - ricocheting bullets will travel on the ground for some distance, and you don’t want your body and vital organs to be directly on their trajectory
- Identify where the shots are coming from
- Increase the distance - Move swiftly, crawl with aggression, move in a ZigZag pattern, and increase the distance between you and the shooter.
- These will help you, get away from danger, make yourself as smaller target, hence making you harder to hit.
An active shooter situation can happen anytime anywhere and with little to no warning. That’s why it's important to have a plan and the mindset to execute that plan if the time comes.
In this session you will also discover
- Signs to identify an active shooting situation before it happens
- How to significantly improve your chances of surviving during an active shooter scenario
- What to do if you absolutely have to fight back
- How to improve your chances of surviving an explosion
To get access to Clint’s full session for free got to www.ThePrepperWorldSummit.com to reserve your ticket.