This cold steel knife is practically indestructible and, as long as you keep this non-stainless carbon steel knife properly cleaned and oiled, it will hold up to years of abuse as it tackles tasks that would destroy most other knives.
The SK-5 high carbon (1080-equivalent) steel, this knife is made out of, is some good stuff and holds an impressive edge and is super-easy to sharpen to a razer-honed edge.
Here Are Some Of The Features Of This Cold Steel Recon Scout Knife
- The 7 1/2" carbon steel blade comes very sharp and is very easy to sharpen even with a cheap sharpener.
- Overall knife length is 12 1/2"
- This cold steel knife is fairly light weighing only 15 oz.
- The blade is very thick making batoning wood very easy yet task such as carving cutting and field craft are still very easy.
- Very effective haker due to its heft thus far chopping down trees up to 4 to 6 inches in circumference is no problem.
- The handle on this knife is very well thought out it is a kraton handle which provides a very secure grip with excellent shock absorption.
- It comes with a kydex sheath and is very well thought out and secures very well to ones side.
- Learn more about this knife here
Buy Your Cold Steel Recon Scout Knife Here
Q: Does this knife come with a sheath?
A: Yes. It comes with a kydex sheath.
Q: Is this the newer version, in O-1 steel?
A: O-1 Recon Scouts were released near the end of 2014 - The ones sold onlines are now O-1, and marked O1 on the tang.
Q: How much does it cost?
A: The Recon Scout retails for $199.99, but you can sometimes find it discounted a bit, if you check around. Yeah, it’s not cheap, but quality never comes cheap.
Q: How does this knife compare to other Cold Steel Knives
A: I’ve tested a lot of Cold Steel fixed blade knives, as well as folding knives over the years, and I believe that the Recon Scout is my favorite of the lot for camping, hunting, military use, and survival use.
Learn more about this knife here